Label: Touch - TO:86 • Format: 7x, File WAV, Album • Country: UK • Genre: Electronic • Style: Noise, Experimental, Minimal
· Discover releases, reviews, credits, songs, and more about Mika Vainio - Fe₃O₄ - Magnetite at Discogs. Complete your Mika Vainio collection/5(38).
· Unlike some of Mika Vainio’s recent solo releases, which tended to truck in darker and more foreboding soundscapes, FE – Magnetite is a blissful exercise in exploring the opposing forces of sound, from crisp, quiet minutia to rough-edged washes, the poles of silence and noise.
· The continuing work of Mika Vainio-- especially given his longtime association with Touch for a variety of releases -- has been at once reliable and sometimes quite surprising, with a certain restlessness that has served him well in his various explorations in sound. Fe3O4: Magnetite continues this, with a particular emphasis on utter extremity, moving between chaotic full-bore sound and 7/
It’s this third category where Mika Vainio excels on Magnetite, employing a range of compositional tools and sound sources to achieve this purpose. Vainio mines his sonic material from the edges of the cliff of tolerance. The harshness of the textures and frequencies he employs verges on a belligerent assault.
· Get all 6 Mika Vainio releases available on Bandcamp and save 30%. Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality downloads of Monstrance, Fe₃O₄ - Magnetite, Black Telephone of Matter/Aíneen Musta Puhelin, In The Land Of The Blind One-Eyed Is King, Kajo, and Onko. Purchasable with gift card.
- Make Up Your Mind - Various - Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Second Stage D Non-Stop Selection (C